How do you recharge a disposable vape – and why would you want to buy one in the first place? Read this guide to get all the details.
If you want to enjoy the longest-lasting disposable vapes on the market, rechargeable disposable vapes are products that definitely ought to be on your radar. With the ability to last up to thousands of puffs, a single rechargeable disposable vape can have an e-liquid capacity similar to that of nearly 10 smaller vapes – or more than 18x JUULpods®. The higher puff count translates to increased satisfaction and less time spent wondering whether your device is about to run out of vape juice. It can also translate to enormous cost savings.
So, how do you recharge a disposable vape – and why would you want to buy one in the first place? Reading this guide, you’re going to learn everything you ever wanted to know about these exciting new vaping devices.
Why Do Some Disposable Vapes Have Rechargeable Batteries?
People have always loved the convenience of disposable vapes. Vapers like having the ability to simply pull a device out of a package and use it without needing to charge it or fill it first. It’s also nice to know that your entire vaping setup consists of just one thing and that you don’t need to bring a bottle of e-liquid or a pack of replacement pods with you every time you leave the house. Until recently, though, disposable vapes have had a major drawback in that the devices typically didn’t last more than a day or two before requiring replacement. People wanted longer-lasting devices, and that’s exactly what rechargeable disposable vapes are.
The reason why a high-capacity disposable vape uses a rechargeable battery is because a device with a large supply of e-liquid would be too cumbersome and heavy if it had a single-use battery. With a rechargeable battery, a device can have a substantial e-liquid reservoir while being only slightly larger and heavier than a traditional disposable vape.
What’s the Best Rechargeable Disposable Vape?
The Elf Bar BC5000 is the most popular rechargeable disposable vape on the market. Lasting up to 5,000 puffs, the Elf Bar BC5000 comes pre-filled with 13 ml of e-liquid and has a nicotine strength of 50 mg/ml. We carry nine different Elf Bar BC5000 flavours at the time of writing, with some customer favourites including Blue Razz Lemon, Strawberry Pina Colada and Rainbow Cloudz. The Elf Bar BC5000 has a 650 mAh battery, so you should have no trouble using it for an entire day on a single battery charge.
Why Don’t Disposable Vapes Include Charging Cables?
When you buy a rechargeable disposable vape, you have to use your own charging cable. Manufacturers want to ensure that the devices will be as cheap as possible, so they don’t want to bundle them with accessories that consumers won’t need. In addition, even the highest-capacity disposable vape will only last a week or two before you’ll need to replace it. If you bought a few rechargeable disposable vapes each month, you’d eventually have a pile of extra USB cables with no purpose – it would lead to unnecessary waste.
How to Recharge a Disposable Vape
To recharge a disposable vape, follow these steps.
- Use the device as normal until the light begins to blink. If your device blinks when you try to vape, it indicates that the battery is dead.
- Use a compatible USB cable to connect the device to your computer. Most rechargeable disposable vapes require micro-USB charging cables. When you connect the device to your computer, the indicator light should either pulse or turn on solidly. If the light doesn’t turn on, the device isn’t charging; we’ll discuss that in the next section.
- Wait for the device to charge. The charging time will depend on the capacity of the battery, but you can expect the process to finish in about an hour. When your disposable vape is completely recharged, the light will change. It’ll stop pulsing, change to a different colour or turn off.
When you use a disposable vape that doesn’t have a rechargeable battery, it’s easy to tell when it’s time to replace the device because it’ll blink when you try to use it. A blinking light indicates that the battery is dead, and that means the device is used up. When you use a rechargeable disposable vape, on the other hand, the e-liquid supply is the only limiting factor; you can continue using the device until every drop of vape juice is gone. You’ll know that it’s time to replace a rechargeable disposable vape because the device will either produce a burnt flavour, or it’ll stop producing vapour entirely.
My Disposable Vape Isn’t Recharging! What Should I Do?
If the light on your rechargeable disposable vape doesn’t turn on when you connect the device to your computer, the battery isn’t charging. Follow these three steps to troubleshoot the issue.
- Connect the device to your computer only. Vaping devices aren’t compatible with fast-charging mains adapters for phones and other mobile devices, and a quick charger can actually cause the battery in a rechargeable disposable vape to overheat.
- Clean your device’s USB port with a toothpick. Make sure that any dust, pocket lint and other contaminants are removed from the port.
- Try connecting the device to your computer with a different USB cable. If the cable has any internal problems resulting from repeated pulling, it won’t deliver power reliably. The most common reason why a disposable vape doesn’t charge is because the cable is damaged.
Can You Recharge a Disposable Vape Without a USB Port?
You should never try to recharge a disposable vape without a charging port because doing so could be potentially dangerous. It would also be inconvenient because you’d have to disassemble the device and charge the battery using bare wires. If a disposable vape doesn’t have a charging port, it most likely uses a non-rechargeable primary battery cell. In a primary battery, the electrons are intended to flow in only one direction. Attempting to recharge such a battery can result in chemical instability. In addition, a non-rechargeable disposable vape doesn’t have a chip to manage the charging process and can’t tell you when the battery is fully charged. Overcharging a battery is a very serious fire risk.
If you want to use a vaping device that you can recharge, the way to be safe is to buy a device designed for recharging. That’s exactly what you’ll get with the Elf Bar BC5000, and we think that this new disposable vape is destined to be a major hit in Australia and around the world.